Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday - Chili Seasoning


I am so stinkin' tired of putting everything for my chili in the crock pot and THEN finding out I am all out of chili seasoning packets.  Plus, those little packets are kinda pricey at just under $2 a pop.

I have decided to take matters into my own hands and whip up a huge batch of chili seasoning that I won't be running out of anytime soon.

Chili Seasoning
6 T. chili powder
1 T. cayenne pepper
1 T. cumin
1 T. oregano
2 t. black pepper
2 t. salt
3/4 t. smoked paprika

Mix it all together and store in a sealed plastic container.  I usually add 2 heaping tablespoons of the seasoning mix to my 5 quart Crock Pot of chili.

**Note: regular paprika will work just fine - I just prefer smoked paprika if it is available.**

What?  Oh, you need a chili recipe?  Then whip up the seasoning mix and see you again next Tuesday! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment